Tuesday 29 November 2011

New equipment week

I am trying out the Adamo seat on my bike
Adamo this week, thanks to Nichole for lending it to me.
I am finding that I sit on my seat bones alot more as this seat gives you no choice. With my other seat I always sat on my "package". I also noticed that my cycling stroke is abit different as well (in a good way). It feels that when my foot comes over the top its in a much better position to push forward... after reading on their web site it suppose increase my hip rotation, which would explane the difference in my peddle stroke.
I`ve been told it takes 6 to 8 weeks to really get use to it so I will post later on if I decide to go with this design.
Still getting use to it, I`m thinking I like it but may go with a different style (I`ve been on it 4 times now at about 1 hour each time).

I have bought new areo bars that are more adjustable. The stem on my tri bike (Look 496) is a design made for that bike and during my bike fit we couldn`t get it to move to the correct position, so Im hoping this will help...I`II be back for another bike fit soon Ryan :)

Being "off season" I have been experimenting with my Monday workouts and new equipment. I almost never try anyting new once the "season" starts.

Sundays are my long run days and in the past I have taken Mondays totaly off as a recovery day. Over the past few weeks though I have tried...nothing....cycling for 1 hr, recovery run for 40 minutes and this week I tried 30 minutes of cycling and weights (about a 40 minute routine). My legs feel good today (Tuesday) so I will be trying it this way over the next few weeks to make sure it stays consistant.
I work shift work so each week can be different. If anyone else has their ideas for Mondays, I`d be interested to know what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment